viernes, 29 de junio de 2007

Adjectives ed/ing

Complete the sentences using -ing adjectives or -ed adjectives.

Example: The girl seemed __b___ in my thoughts and opinions.
a) interested b) interested .

1. The children looked _____ by the old toys.
a) fascinated b) fascinating
2. I felt _____ after just a short time in the forest.
a) invigorated b) invigorating
3. It was very _____ to win our first game of the season.
a) bad b) badly
4. The recent downward trend in poverty seems _____.
a) encouraged b) encouraging
5. _____ at the thought of moving away, Jonathon began to cry.
a) Terrified b) Terrifying
6. When you're not in good spirits, it is _____ to stay in bed all day.
a) tempted b) tempting
7. One finding that appeared _____ was that birth rates were declining.
a) troubled b) troubling
8. Never had Ann felt so _____ by the landscape she traveled through.
a) charmed b) charming
9. As _____ as it is to be with others, it's crucial to spend some time alone. .
a) comforted b) comforting
10. The working mother was _____ at the thought of being labeled a "homemaker."
a) amused b) amusing


Choose the answer you think is correct.

1
Jennifer is _____ because she's getting married today.
excited exciting
2
David is so _____, all he talks about is his computer.
bored boring

3
I'm really _____ about my interivew.
worried worrying
4
Niran was _____ to get a letter from his ex-girlfriend.
surprised surprising

5
There's nothing _____ on TV tonight.
interested interesting
6
Javier had a very _____ holiday in Greece.
relaxed relaxing

Complete
Sue: Hi, Jane. Have you had an (interest)_____________ day?
Jane: I've had a very (excite) _________day. It's my birthday today.
Sue: I'm a little (confuse)___________. I thought your birthday was next month.
Jane No, that's my brother's birthday. Mine is today.
Sue: Oh! Now I'm (embarrass)____________. I didn't get you a present.
Jane: That's (disappoint_____________. But it's OK.
Sue: Now I'm (depress)__________, too.
Hey, I've just had a (fascinate)____________ idea.
Why don't we go shopping and get you a present right now? That way we can get you something really (please)___________.
Jane: What an (enchant)_________ idea. Where shall we start?
Sue: What about right here?
Bill: Hi, Mark. You look (tire)______________.
Mark: I am. I'm totally (exhaust) _______________
. Bill: Why? What have you been doing?
Mark: I've been getting my house ready for the painters to come tomorrow. Now they ring me to tell me, yet again, that they can't come till next week. I'm getting very (annoy)________ with them..
Bill: That's (disappoint)____________.
I'll bet that you'll be (please) ____________when it's finished.
Mark: You're not wrong! I'm starting to get very (bore) _________with all the delays.
It's (distress)____________.
Bill: You must be so (frustrate)__________. When do they think they will finish painting you house.
Mark: They say that it will take about two weeks to finish. But when they will start I don't know.
Bill: Don't be too (depress)__________.
Just think of how (relieve)__________ you'll be when it's finished.
Mark: That's the (frighten)_________ thing. I'm starting to believe that it will never be finished.
Bill: What a (shock)__________ thought.
Never mind. One day soon you'll wake up with the (relax) __________thought that it's finished and you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Mark: I hope you're right.

No hay comentarios: