viernes, 1 de junio de 2007

Prepositions

Preposition Exercises 1

Test your knowledge of the prepositions in / at / to / nothing - showing place and movement. Choose either in, at, to, or nothing .

He lives . . . . . . . Skwierzyna.
She went . . . . . .home.
Marcin works . . . . . . Gorzów Wlkp.
He went . . . . . . . his friend's house.
She arrived . . . . . . . Manchester for the celebrations.
I'm going to stay . . . . . . . . home this weekend.
Joanna works . . . . . . . . the hospital.
Why don't we go . . . . . . . . the movies tonight?
I'm going to see Hania . . . . . . . . France this summer.
I arrived . . . . . . . . work early this morning.
She came home . . . . . early.
We stayed . . . . . . . . . the Mieszko Hotel.
They visited . . . . . . . . England last summer.
She's going to travel . . . . . . . . . Finland this summer.
I'll be . . . . . . . . . school later today.

Preposition Exercises 2
Test you knowledge of the prepositions for / while / during. Choose either for, while or during .


He's been working . . . . . . . three weeks.
I fell asleep . . . . . . . . . the film.
Did you see Donata . . . . . . . . your holiday?
We talked . . . . . an hour.
He watched TV . . . . . . . . I cooked.
. . . . . . . . . . . our stay in London, we visited a lot of museums.
What did you do . . . . . . . . . you were in London?
I think I need to study Polish . . . . . a few months before I go there.
I came up with a great idea . . . . . . . . . I was thinking about my class.
They drove through the countryside . . . . . . . . they were staying in France.
He was out of work . . . . . six months before he found a new job.
I broke my finger . . . . . . . . . I was playing squash.
Please, don't interrupt the teacher . . . . . . . he is speaking.
Magda broke into tears . . . . . . . . the film.
Could you hold on . . . . . a few moments?

No hay comentarios: